> Has anybody used
> the Sigma 300/4 with an AF x1.4 teleconverter, and if yes, then
> which one and how well does the AF work ?

Yes used the Sigma 300 f/4 with the Sigma EX 1.4x TC and it worked very well,
focusing was quite quick considering the focal length, the Sigma comes
equipped with a limit switch which helps.

The Sigma is an internal focusing lens and the focal length changes with the
focused distance, at infinity (according to reports) it is 326mm making it
456mm with the 1.4x TC. 450mm f/5.6

John