On 14 Sep 2004 at 8:00, Mark Roberts wrote:

> "Rob Studdert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >Me too, buffer is better but they can stick the SD card up their Rs.
> >
> >I can't see many *ist D owners running out to buy one as a back-up body.
>
> Well of *course* not! They don't *want* ist-D owners to buy the
> cheaper camera! It's meant for an entirely different target audience:
> People who want a "high end" camers (DSLR) but don't even know what
> mirror lock-up is. People who like the idea of interchangable lenses
> but who care less about lens compatibility than memory card
> compatibility (the intended buyer for this camera probably already
> owns a high end digicam and has a pocketful of SD cards).

My point is that with a little bit more thought and it would have appealed to a
far wider potential market. However it's appeal is yet to be tested, like the
*ist D it's still not a Canon or a Nikon. My guess is that the price of the
300D will tumble as soon as the *ist Ds hits the market. Good luck to Pentax,
they are late to market again.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998