I really wonder whether it is the same or a very similar optical formula as in the M40/f2.8. If so, the image circle should be large enough to cover the full frame. No need or even no way to scale it down.

However, the lack of an aperture ring makes the DA40/f2.8 really "limited" in its abilities and absolutely unattractive for me. I'll stick to the original M40/f2.8 and to the FA43/f1.9.

Arnold

Mark Roberts schrieb:

They were thinking that they could sell a *tiny" lens with excellent optical quality to go with their incredibly compact new DSLR... while investing virtually no R&D money into the project (assuming they're re-using the old M 40/2.8 optical formula and just scaling it down to a smaller image circle). They've obviously been paying attention to the selling prices of theold M40/2.8 on eBay.