I seriously believe although Minolta has a great product it would appear
coming out, they might be in serious trouble since the sensor is still only
6.1 MP.  Canon's timing of the EOS20D with over 8 MP may well steal their
thunder.  Believe it or not on the Minolta lists, many people of which I am
one of, have concerns about the IS technology being a problem rather then a
good thing.  The questions revolve around generated heat, battery
consumption, overall reliability with even extra concerns over sensor
cleaning.  Many folks would like to see the same camera without the IS
offered at a lower cost.  I would definitely be more tempted to bite then.