Robert Woerner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asked:
> Is the Chinon 135 f2.8 K-mount any good? Bokeh, etc.I bought
one today REAL
> inexpensive. I'm going to try it out this week and am curious
about other
> users impressions. It was appealing because it is light,
bright and CHEAP.

Hi Robert,

I own one that I had for free with a K-1000 clone. The camera
broke few days later; the lens was not working but I
disassembled it almost completely and assembled it back in what
seemed a working order. Mine is a bit soft - but not too much -
wide open, and definitely usable when stopped down and at
focusing distances shorter than infinity. I did use it at
infinity only a couple of times, but with a awful film so cannot
comment on that. The colour rendition is a bit on the warm side.
I now own two M 135/3.5 as light and cheap 135 lenses so the
Chinon sees no use.

Let me know if the results you will obtain resemble my
experience, maybe I did something wrong when assembling the
lens.

Ciao,

Gianfranco

=====