On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:49:16 +1000, Ryan Lee wrote:

>I rang CR Kennedy to check when I was going to get my ist D back (sent it in
>for AF inaccuracy with the Sigma 28-70 2.8 DF, and battery depleted message
>when connecting to the laptop with battery grip) and they told me they were
>waiting for a part. I asked which part and they told me they were replacing
>a circuit board in the camera.. How bizarre.

I talked to them today about mine.  It's in because when the RTF is
popped up it reads depleted battery and won't fire.  Anyway, mine is
also waiting on a part, a circuit board - this is not surprising as no
one does component level repairs any more.  They have a board they
could use, but it is an older version and wanted to wait for the
updated version which is arriving today (3pm, I hope it did) but as
they finish at 4 they didn't have time to do the work on and I have to
wait until Monday or Tuesday.  I work about 15 minutes away from CR
Kennedy repair centre in Melbourne and dropped it in and will pick it
up myself.

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon