On 18 Sep 2004 at 18:04, Caveman wrote:

> BTW, the new Nikon 12MP DSLR is using the "obsolete" CF standard. They
> should have asked Mr. Harakiri, he knows better........ (or not, I
> wonder how many RAW files from 12 MP sensor could fit in the cards we're
> currently using).

Probably the same or just a few less, Pentax don't compress the RAW files plus
in all their wisdom they pad the 12 bits per pixel to 16 bits. If you check out
the average RAW file size generated by other cameras with the same sensor
you'll see what I mean. Pentax, marching onwards and downwards.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998