I just set my new computer up last night. It came with
a scanner and Adobe Photoshop, so I spent last night
playing, having never used a scanner before.

I had a set of photo stickers of me from my visit to
Melbourne. I went into one of those booths where you
stick money in the slot, for the novelty more than
anything. They were supposed to be black and white
with red tint, but were more sepia, I suppose. They
are probably the nicest photos of me ever taken.

So I got photoshop to make them black and white, then
I had fun hand-colouring one. I wanted to see what my
eyes looked like in different colours (they are
brown). The blue looked a bit strange, but I think
green looked good. I found it worked better to paint
over the iris of the eyes, instead of using the wizard
to change eye-colour. The main problem I had was
trying to find a natural skin-tone. I ended up using a
pale pink, but it just wasn't right. And I tried to
colour my cheeks, but ended up looking like a
showgirl, or a porcelain doll. The lips looked weird
too. I was trying for a natural pink, but it was a bit
brighter, and I kept going over the lines. Maybe I'll
enter it in the next PUG - not!

I only wish I had taken more people photos to play
with. It's not quite as interesting seeing what a
flower looks like with a different coloured centre.

Jody.