T-Max 400 has smaller grain for certain. From personal experience, I
believe it has slightly wider exposure latitude, but highlights can tend
to block up if processing is even slightly incorrect. I think Tri-X
appears sharper on modest sized enlargements due to its grain. T-Max
seems fussier about processing. It yields great results in certain soups
but not in others. I expose it at 320 asa and develop it in D-76 1:1 at
68 degrees for 10 minutes. I know its heresy to say so here since Tri-X
is the list's favorite film, but I prefer T-Max 400.