----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Sanderson"
Subject: The "Infamous Green Button" Good or Bad??

> I've stayed out of this one so far but, .......................
>
> Since I may be in a position to purchase a *ist D in the next week
or so
> (home re-finance),
> I have a few questions about the "Green Button" method for "Pre-A"
lenses.

> 1.) How much time is actually wasted having to "pre-meter" with K/M
lenses,

No much, maybe a half second. Less time that running a camera in
manual and having to meter and set the exposure.

> 1/2 second? 2 seconds? More? Less?

> 2.) Have any of you actually missed an important shot waiting for,
or
> forgetting, the pre-meter step?

None of my pictures are important pictures.

> 3.) Can this method be used in conjunction with "Spot" metering?

Yes, and matrix as well, judging from how my camera reacted just now
when I checked it out.

> Since I have little problem using Spotties, Ks and the MX it
doesn't sound
> like any big deal.
> Agree or dis-agree?

Hell, even I managed to figure it out. It ain't rocket science.

William Robb