I just got this from KEH in "like new" condition, complete with box,
case, papers, and caps. The lens appears (nearly) unused, but I notice
that the front tube (filter mount) is looser than on other lenses that I
have. Is this normal? Slides from a test roll last weekend came back
very sharp.

With my 1p set for mtf, the meter gives me f5.6 at regular distances,
and f8 at macro. I thought that macro lenses were designed to give their
best performance stopped down. How does this lens perform at f16-32? (In
macro, I shot every stop from f8-32, and my eyes can't detect much
difference in the slides except depth of field.)

My 1p hunts more than usual with the lens in macro mode.

Thanks for the answers,

Joe