What could possibly be lower on the food chain than a FED?

Bob W wrote:

Hi,

There's a shop here in Portland, OR that sells some interesting fake Leicas,
many with the swastika. The only interesting fake I own is a FED, a Russian
copy of a screw mount Leica.

a FED is not a fake Leica - it may be a copy, but it's not trying to pass itself off. You might have a fake FED, though.

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke