Hi Shel,

Thank you for your comment.

> First there's the motorcycle that shows in the distance
> between the two people. Did you notice it when making the
> shot?  It takes away from the feel of the scene, as does
> the light pole on the right.

I didn't notice the motorcycle.  After I read your comment,
I looked at the pic again, and it does be distracting.
Rather, I was careful about the wind condition.

As to the light pole, I intended to show the depth, but
seems in vain... :(

> The trees on the left and the open sky on the right make
> the photograph feel off balance.

This will be the matter of "taste".  I like this style.

> Perhaps being in closer with a wider lens might have
> helped.

Maybe true.  However, I didn't need/want much DOF here.  So
I chose the middle telephoto lens, instead of wider one.
Maybe a 50mm at a wider aperture might have been better.

> Also, there seems to be some sort of white, rectangular
> structure in the background that seems to be "growing"
> out of the woman's right shoulder - another distraction.

Looking at a print, there is no such ghost in it.  Maybe
this is a noise caused by the scanner.  I tried again and
again to re-scan the neg, but could not get a better result.
I admit it is distracting.

> This is the kind of photo where less detail would offer
> more impact.  Here's a simple, quick crop without the
> light pole.
>
>  http://home.earthlink.net/~belinkoff/tomorrow2.jpg
>
> What do you think?

Hmmm.  In fact, I don't like cropping, but still this seems
better.  (Please don't start up the cropping flame war
again...;))  However, to my eyes, the original one LOOKS
stable, I mean balanced.  Another matter of taste?

Well, thank you for your detailed comment, Shel.  You're so
instructive.  Another motivation to go out shooting photos!!

Sincerely,