frank theriault wrote:

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 23:46:47 +0200, Jens Bladt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Waiting for the weather to get clear enough for making annother panorama, I
shot this, this morning (17 hours ago - I'm really tired). I didn't think
must of the scenery, when a lot of birds suddenly took off.
Comments are welcome.
http://gallery46369.fotopic.net/p7841283.html

Neat shot. I saw the flying birds first, then my eye was drawn down to the hundreds/thousands of them perched on what looks like a breakwater or something. Cool.

And, of course, the backdrop of the smoke-belching factories provides
an interesting contrast.  Despite the look, I realize that whatever is
coming from the smokestack may not be as bad as it looks.  I'm
guessing that the water/air is fairly clean there, judging by the
number of boids.

especially with so few of them lying on their backs with their feet in the air, twitching...

cheers,
frank

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke