On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 23:20:56 +0200, Dario Bonazza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't know. Never seen one before. I'll ask the seller about further
> details.
> Dario

One of the local camera stores here in Toronto has a gold coloured KX
or KM in it's second hand department.  I asked the salesperson about
it, and he said that a previous owner simply stripped off the silver
colouring, and the "gold" was the brass underneath.

It wasn't quite as shiny as the one up on eBay right now, but maybe
with a bit of elbow-grease and some brass polisher, the brass can get
real shiny.

I have my doubts that it's a special edition, as claimed.  Wouldn't
there be a badge somewhere on the body to tell us what it's
commemorating?

cheers,
frank