For a moment there I thought you were the caveman.

William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Sanderson" Subject: *ist-D TTL Flash with M Lenses?

Has anyone played with this enough to figure it out?

Yes.
I set the camera at 400 and pray.
TTL flash control has never been one of Pentax's strong points, and the TTL on the istD is one of the worst implementations of technology that I have ever had the displeasure of having to tolerate.
In a nutshell, it doesn't work.
Period.

I have posted a series of shots at:

http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrobb/PDMLtemp/

All 4 shots were done within a minute of each other on programTTL mode with the 31mm lens, using a Metz 60 series flash.
The range was around 10-15 feet.

This is typical performance for this camera's TTL flash non control.

William Robb

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke