Hi,
   this PAW from me is a bit different from my usual stuff. It's a
   portrait (I hope <g>)!

   One issue I would like to hear some advice on, is the conversion to
   B&W. The original was quite underexposed (it seems my for long time
   trusty Metz 40MZ3i is developing exposure problems) so I converted
   only using the red channel (the others were too dark because of
   tungsten lighting and underexposure). As you can see, there is
   problem with blown highlights on the lower left. In the other
   channels they were not blown. What would be a good way to paste the
   details from the other channels? My quick experiments were not good
   with it.

   I originally wanted to post something different from the same venue
   (it's a Forum 2000 conference on globalisation issues with some
   ex-presidents like Vaclav Havel and other interesting figures, but
   it was all the usual not-so-interesting news photographs I got
   there).

   The URL: http://fotof.wz.cz/paw

   Comments appreciated!

Good light!