Patrick Genovese mused:

> For me it would be an MZ-S with the following changes.
>
> 1. Slightly bigger viewfinder and higher eyepoint.

Possible.

> 2.  Preferably an interchangeable finder.

Implausible - that would need to be designed in, not added later.

> 3. Faster AF and more accurate servo AF.

Doubtful - there may not be room for a larger motor.

> 4. Slightly bigger grip closer to the  Z-1P's gip (with at option to add
> a handstrap).

> 5. Faster frame rate say 5 fps would be enough
> 6. Quieter operation

Pick one :-)

> 7. Metal back (or something that feels more robust).
> 8. Improved exposure data imprinting e.g print actual exposure time on
> Bulb exposures.
> 9. Higher flash sync 1/250
> 10. Built in flash exposure compensation. available in all modes. with a
> separate compensation scale / indicator in the viewfinder.

> 11. Exposure adjustments in 1/3 stops.  Even it this requires aperture
> control using a thumbwheel on the body.

But that wouldn't be an MZ-S ...

> 12. And last but not least .... (Digital option via a digital back a' la
> Leica R9)  (Dreams dreams dreams!!!)
>
> A camera like that would not just be a film swansong but it could serve
> as a platform for future DSLR development and may even make commercial
> sense.

No new 35mm film camera is likely to make commercial sense.  I expect that
Nikon will lose money on the F6.  Even Canon (who are probably the only
company who could sell enough film bodies to recoup development costs)
don't seem to be bringing out a new body to complement the EOS-1v.

Nor, for that matter, will an interchangeable film/digital camera ever
be available at a price point most amateurs are prepared to consider.