I think this picture has good composition, and captures the significan
moment of the situation. The only thing missing is detail in the rooster's
plumage. Had it been standing in the sun, it would have been perfect.

I don't know the MZ-5n very well, but I think that if you had popped up the
built-in flash, you would automatically have got a "daylight fill-in" in
this situation. That would give more detail to the plumage... but otoh, it
might have scared the rooster away...

Jostein