PS> 300mm lens ever made). The 20/2.8 and 85/1.8 use the same lens formulas as
PS> Pentax. The 20mm and 35mm CZJ primes focus remarkably close, typically
Hi Paul,
I have to correct one myth.
I looked, and both the 20mm Flektogon and the 85mm Planar don't have
that much common in formula with Pentax offerings. They are both
different formula. There is no connection! The similarity is even less
than with common 50mm double-gauss designs.

Compare for yourself: http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/lenses/primes/ultra-wide/index.html
http://www.praktica-users.com/lens/mlenses/czjflek28_20.html

It may be even that it was actually me who told you so about the
1.8/85 and 1.8/80. Here, you see how myths work and spread ;-) From my
own example, I now do not believe ANYTHING I read about a lens on the
internet...;-)

I also believe that Cosina/Voigtländer does indeed make their new
primes for M42 mount. After all, year ago or so they released a whole
new M42 mount SLR!

I think these primes would be the better buy than for example an old
CZJ lens from ebay. Unless you can test the lens yourself, it can be
dubious especially if you have high expectations because of rumours
and myths.

Good light!
           fra