In truth, the Bosox have already broke the curse of the Bambino, because it's been superseded by a far more powerful curse -- a curse that was explained in a recent NY Times article. This much more deadly jinx is called the "X Factor." What it amounts to is this: The team that has more ex Cubs on their roster will lose. The Yankees had five, the Red Sox only two. Thus the Red Sox win. I'm not sure what the "X Factor" count is for the series, but you can be certain that the team with fewer ex cubbies will prevail. By the way, the guys from Boston are the Red Sox where I come from. The Sox are white <g>. Darn easterners are always confusing me with their sox this and sox that. Those ain't no sox :-).