----- Original Message ----- From: "Dr. Heiko Hamann"
Subject: Re: Shipping options from Germany?

Andre Langevin wrote:
I would like to have a lens sent to Canada from Germany. I am being told that shipping would be 35 euros (lower fare) or 50 euros by air mail.

The prices seem to be those of the "Duetsche Post". There is a little error: Canada is "zone 3", i.e. the lower fare should be 29,- euro, but that's still a lot of money. I think UPS is even much more expensive.

Considering the possibility of loss or damage via UPS, in addition to their R&P brokerage fees, I would think UPS is likely somewhere between much more expensive and not getting your mechandise at all.
Don't get me going about UPS.

William Robb