On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Mark Roberts wrote:

> Jack Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >An article in the Nov '04 Pop Photo verifies that the
> >performance gap between zooms and primes is ever
> >narrowing. Actually, in one set of tests the zoom out
> >performed the prime.
> >I was both pleased and disappointed in the case of the
> >Pentax lenses.
>
> I saw that article yesterday. The FA 50/1.7 killed everything in its
> path!

Yes, but then again it would. This is not just a lens. Just look at
its heritage.

I still fit the 24-90 on the camera when going out with one lens. The
50 "asks" that the grip be taken off (balance). I also find
occasionally that the 50 does not necessarily AF where I think it has.
The zoom is very versatile and certainly sufficient for my kind of
photographs (6x4 :-)

What kind of shooting does the OP do?

Kostas