Focus problems could have been dew on the lens. I shot about 30 frames and then hooked up camera to PC to download and realized the front of the lens was fogged up. Seeing through the viewfinder in the dark is always a problem to begin with.

I also discovered that on the Tamron 28-300 I had with me, at 300mm, I had to focus slightly nearer than infinity for the sharpest image.

In the end I suspect I will be too embarrased to show anything.

Tom C.

From: Graywolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Lunar Eclipse under way!
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:31:50 -0400

Ummmm..?

Surely the moon is at infinity. I can not even begin to see how you could have a focus problem. Autofocus problem yes, focus no.

--

Mark Roberts wrote:
wendy beard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

--- Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Quick 'n dirty:
http://www.robertstech.com/temp/red_moon.jpg
Cropped a bit.

Cool.

Better than mine.
My pic is well blurry. Could have been the equipment of course ;-)
http://www.pbase.com/wendybeard/image/35618348

Most of mine looked like that. Mostly lack of tripod/ballhead capacity
for dealing with 600mm of lens. I got lucky with one or two shots.

I discovered that I'm useless when it comes to manual
focusing. It was cold out too so the camera was
probably shivering :-s

Some of mine may also have focus problems. When the moon was completely
in the umbra it was too dim for autofocus *or* manual focus.

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com/graywolf.html