John Francis wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mused:

From: "John Whittingham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2004/10/29 Fri AM 09:14:15 GMT
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: OT - English Summer (was: Re: Zoom vs Prime)

Hi Cotty

Up in the Great North West LOl, sorry for delayed replies my webmail went tits up for a couple of days!!!

Are you allowed to say tits on College webmail? Or on PDML? Let's see if the spam filter pick it up....

And, for that matter, why does "tits up" mean "broken"?

Well, it does!
It describes the position of a 4-legged creature when it's gone on to it's great litter box in the sky! Legs in the air, and T.U.

keith whaley

I'd expect it to mean "everything normal" or "as expected".

(There again, for some email systems "as expected" *is* "broken"  :-)