I enjoy PUG and am sorry to see the recent flame war. I don't know
whether Shel's comment was part of the established PUG commentary, or a
volunteered comment. Whichever, I feel that the PUG commentary should be
discontinued. It will always have the potential to generate this stuff.

As for Shel's comment...when photographers or artists exhibit their
work, obviously they hope to direct attention to it. If you viscerally
dislike a photograph, just ignoring the submittal accomplishes a lot.
When one of my PUG submittals garners no comments, I learn something.

This is not to say that positive comments for improvement should not be
directed to the individual. That's what the contact information is for.

Joe