Hello Amita
You have been shooting in very difficult light. The very low sun is giving
you trouble. Believe me, we Scandiavians know this from experience. That'
what gives the camera eeposure automatics problems. You uses Av setting,
letting the camera chose shutterspeed, but with the flash turned on, the
camera will use a minimum shutterspeed, leaving no or just a little "space"
for the flash to work in.

Problem:
The two first pictures are kind of backlit, causing underexpsure, The two
others are partly lit by the low sun, thus better exposure/overexposure.

Solution: Use "M" setting and a flash. Make sure the setting will not - even
without the flash - overexpose your shots, but slightly underexpose. Let the
flash provide the rest of the light needed. If F8, 1/100 gives you slightly
underexposed frames, use this setting AND the flash set to TTL.
Alternatively, don't use TTL. Use "A" setting on the flash to provide enough
light for a sertain Aperture. The flash will then cut off the light beam
when it has reached the sufficient ammount. Set the camera accordingly or
one aperture darkier to use the flash as fill in, not main light.

And - BTW - don't use F3.5 for portraits. Use F5.6 or better.

All the best

Jens
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://hjem.get2net.dk/bladt