On Nov 7, 2004, at 8:40 AM, Kenneth Waller wrote:

David, your "Rock" image rocks! Looks like a great place to return to and
get up close & personal with the elements in the scene.

That area is a fascinating place and is one of my favourite photographic locations. It's about a 1-hour drive from where I live, I think. I used to go out there regularly but I haven't been out that way for quite a while.

Both image seem subdued as to the brightness. Do you set white/black points
during image processing?

Yes. The fence photo has a row of very dark-looking trees which doesn't exactly help but I didn't have the time to improve it. It probably doesn't help that my screen is quite bright.

Cheers,

- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/