This is a surprisingly good photo, and, considering the age and
experience of the photographer, an exceptional piece. Erin caught
the pattern and contrast of the situation, which, I believe, many of
us may have overlooked or missed entirely.
In fact, it took an outside influence for me to see what Erin saw so
quickly and easily.  I was reading the latest copy of LensWork and
saw some studio shots of leaves and wires, in which the shape of the
leaves played off the straight lines of the wires.  "These photos
look familiar," I thought, and then I recalled Erin's photograph.

One thought for improvement - and it's just a personal aesthetic -
but I think the photo might have more impact if the leaf was turned
a bit to the left, so that the stem crosses the lines of the
background at a somewhat more perpendicular angle.

Sometimes it's the last shot that's the winner.  Erin's photo
clearly shows that we should not stop seeing when we think we're
done photographing.  I'm glad you took that last shot, too.  Good
work, Erin!
--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]