I'm able to use the AF400T with the *istD on TTL. Good exposures are no problem
at ISO 400.

I find that the *istD records skin tones quite accurately. I shoot RAW and
adjust color temperature as necessary. I have never tried shooting tiff or
jpeg, so I can't speak to that.

I have shown *istD work in a rather prestigious local gallery and will do so
again this winter.

Paul