"At the Quay" by  Thomas Cakalic - My very first impression when I looked at
this image and read the comments was one of pleasant surprise at the
reasonable image quality considering all the mediocre feedback about these
super-zooms.  Much better than I would have thought.  That said, let's look
more at the image.  I like the three different bands of color - brown, white
and black.  I am somewhat torn as to whether I like the windows showing or
not.  On one hand, they help give some sense of what I am viewing, but on
the other hand, if the image is about color, shape and pattern, then I find
it somewhat distracting.  I have tried cropping them out and it gives me a
better feeling as a more abstract image.  It also feels tilted to the left
just a little too far.  Just enough for me to notice.  I don't think it
should be perfectly straight up and down, though.  Ok, after playing a bit
more, cropping the windows out, rotating to the right about 2 degrees, I am
now seeing what Tom comments that caught his eye.  Certainly one could argue
that the windows add another shape, but I think it makes the image a little
to top heavy.

Tom, my guess is that I would have captured a very similar image to yours
had it caught my eye.  I'm not sure I would have even seen it, though.  Good
eye and observation!

Bruce Dayton
Sacramento, CA