Does depend on the distance of the focus point to the light source. Same with most lenses anyway.

You gotta test at what distance the bokeh suits your needs and take care no to exceed that distance.

Sam

----- Original Message ----- From: "Collin Brendemuehl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 1:34 PM
Subject: 77 questionable? (was More DS samples)

On the top photo, taken with the 77, the light reflections in the leaves have a definite doughnut character.

Same with the reflections off the tail light of the white (does that say "Park") minivan.

Doesn't look good for the 77.  Am I wrong?

Sincerely,

C. Brendemuehl
'Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.' Ronald Reagan

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.safe-t.net