I was reading through some posts on one of the Pentax forums that I follow and ran across a remark about Pentax not making any "Pro" cameras. At the time I thought to myself, "OK, I'm not a pro, so what? I like what I have, a *istD, so what the hey?!?" Then I began thinking (always a problem when you aren't used to doing a thing...) about it and I found myself wondering, What makes a camera a "Pro" camera? Is it the construction? Particular features? The lenses? Accessories? The people that use them? The mythos associated with a camera? The price? The label the manufacturer applies? So, how does one distinguish a pro camera from a non-pro camera? The amount the camera charges for its services????

Just thought I would ask and it is a serious question, more or less. It is serious in that I am curious. It is not that serious in that nothing important hinges on the answer....

Larry Cook