A little bit of all of that. Focus ring wobbles a bit, is very easy to turn, (not well damped enough, though still better damped than my SMCP-F 70-210 zoom which I use all the time). I've only played with one, haven't actually compared the results to other lenses, but the results are supposed to be very, very good. Sharp good contrast and of course the usual SMC flare control.

Margus Männik wrote:

Hi,

not great focus feel - what does it mean? If it means too easy movement with no proper fixation, I can probably live with that. When using MF, I keep my left hand always at focus ring with one finger "clamping" the ring. Or it's just not smooth (feels something like cheap zooms) ?
However, I would very interested to hear about optical quality...

BR, Margus
(why, oh why, doesn't our dealer have it on stock :[ Otherwise I could just go and take it for testing)

Peter J. Alling wrote:

Seems to be well liked but has "not great" focus feel. If that's important I'd wait. OTOH you could get a nice manual focus 135. Like the K135 f2.5 and the FA 135 f2.8 for autofocus. (Just helping you along with your enablement).

Margus Männik wrote:

Hi all,

I' m searching for a good mid-tele prime for my Z-1p. Until today I was about to get FA100/2,8 Macro - I've tested it once before and sort of liked it. Excellent sharpness, solid build. But today I somewhy started to think about FA 135 and can't quit... same max. aperture, a bit longer, internal focussing (good!), ability to focus from 0.7m (not macro lens, but seems impressive for "normal" tele). For macro works I could probably wait a bit more and get new D-FA 100mm (I like THIS manual focussing ring A LOT!).
What do you think about this lens? How good/bad is it wide open? Has anyone tried it with macro ring or add-on lens, maybe I could forget about special macro lens at all?

BR, Margus
Tallinn, Estonia

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke