Actually, I find that I get more detail (subjectively) from a 6x6 scan and discussed this with some people at a camerashop. they told me that I probably was right since they though that the quality of the 6x6 film also is bettter. I dont know it this is true - but it could be that the 6x6 has a bit thicker emulsion which "maybe" improves the result. I havent made any scientific check on resoultion though but I'm sure it easier for me to get god scans from 6x6 than 24x36. I use an Epson 2400 scanner by the way - not top of the professional but still giving me very god 6x6 scans with a lot of detail in them.

Cheers,

Ronald

Jack Davis wrote:

Thanks, Ron,
Realizing that the 6x6 records more detail, it at long
last, occurred to me that I might be limiting it's
recovery by using a single scan level for both
formats.
My excuse is that I was thinking (?) in terms of
square inches rather that frame size.

Jack --- Ronald Arvidsson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You will have more detail in the 6x6 since there is
more detail in the 6x6 negative than the 24x36. Its two equations
basically

resiloution6x6*resolution-scanner=scanned image6x6
resolution24-36*resolution scanner= scanned
image24x36

However, you are right in the sense that you can get
out more of the 6x6 if the scanner has the resoution allowing it. Still
I think if the scanner is of high enough quality 100MB would
suffice.

Cheers,

Ronald

Jack Davis wrote:

If a 6x6cm frame is scanned at 100MB and a 35mm

frame

is scanned at 100MB, will the 35mm frame relinquish

greater share of its information than will the 6x6?
IOW, in order to achieve an equal scan saturation,
would it be necessary to scan the 6x6 at 360MB?

(6x6

area =3.6 times that of the 35)

Guess I don't have enough to do:)

Jack