I was just leafing through the new issue of Popular Photography that
arrived today and, much to my surprise, what did I see in the buyer's
guide section on high end flash units but the new Pentax AF 500 FTX!
(It's on  page 81)
They had a photo of the new flash but not many details except for
built-in slave capability. No availability date but I'm ordering one as
soon as possible.
What's amazing is, even though I had known this kind of flash was
coming, word didn't get out through any of the photo web sites. Given
the lead time of the print magazines, this is pretty unusual.
All I can say is yee ha! :)

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing