On 21 Nov 2004 at 19:31, Kenneth Waller wrote:

> My take on this is that if you aren't doing post capture processing, then
> taking advantage of the in camera image settings, is the way to go. However if
> you're doing post capture processing (in P S e.g.), then you'd be far better
> off
> to leave the setting at default or off, & take advantage of the image
> processing
> program capabilities..

Yep, but since the contrast setting affects the cameras histogram display if
the camera is set to minimum contrast then you'll see a more accurate
representation idea of the range that your RAW file will contain.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998