Paul Stenquist wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2004, at 1:24 AM, Ann Sanfedele wrote:
>

> > Unfortunately it isn't a time warp :(
> > Hawaiian shirts are back in, btw.
> >

> You're wrong. It is a time warp. It's from the Dream Cruise, which is a
> week long, retro focused, party, where those of us in Detroit celebrate
> what we do here by driving up and down Woodward in classic cars, hot
> rods, and all manner of unusual vehicles. This year it drew 1.5 million
> spectators and 30,000 cars. A lot of people dress up fifties style with
> greased up hair, beehives, and poodle skirts. It's all just for fun.
> Nothing evil or distasteful about it.

I wrote a couple of other replies - among them,showing relief that it
wasn't for
real (In this particular case)

That being said - Hawaiian shorts are back in , I'm told, at least as
collectables...
the 50's, I think, are in for style.

But my comment about it not being a time warp was a politcal statement -
triggered by, but not really _about_ your pic, Paul.

The thing about nostalgia is it erases the bad stuff of whatever decade you

are being nostagic about.

ann