>> FAJ will work on the Program Plus in Program mode and in Shutter
>> Preferred mode if this is available on the PP.  Manual and
>> Aperture Preferred (my favorite) will NOT be available.  Also no
>> F stop can be set when used in Bulb.  For me that answer is a NO,
>> for you it may be OK.

> For me, I would call it a "conditional" yes. :-)  So long as I can
> put it on my camera and shoot--and if it's a lens worth using...
> maybe, for instance, for wide angle...  Worth remembering at
> least.  Thanks for the help!

I guess I'd also call it a "conditional yes", too, although
aperture-preferred autoexposure is my most-used mode, and I do like
to set the aperture on (TTL) flash photos.

If a lens is really good, and can be used with only ~modest~
inconvenience on a body for which it was not designed (and, this is
for both "forward-in-time" and "backward-in-time" directions), I'd
probably still try to sue the lens.

For example, I'm planning on using my K 135/2.5 and K 200/2.5 lenses
(and ~certainly~ a number of my old VS1 gems) on the *ist D or *ist
DS (when I eventually get a digital body).

On the other hand, I'd be less likely to use an FAJ lens on an older
body, ~unless~ it were really optically superb and I had no other
more "correct" (so to speak) lens to use instead.

Fred