From: Fred [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2004 7:37 AM
To: Fred
Subject: Re: What series lens do I have?

In addition, the distinctions between each series is not always
correctly applied by sellers (and I'm not just picking on eBay
here, either) - it is not uncommon for some sellers to refer to
~any~ pre-A K-mount lens as an M lens, even if sometimes, of
course, a particular pre-A lens might actually be a K lens. So it
can be a case of "buyer be aware".

Just another thought on this:  Often the incorrect distinction is
easily spotted (and only merits a cognoscenti chuckle or two <g>) -
there are no M versions of certain lenses (e.g., 15/3.5, 85/1.8,
etc.) - but sometimes there is indeed a chance of confusion (e.g.,
with the 50/1.4's, certainly).

Fred

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke