Dave Maki wrote...
"Some of my problems is inattention to detail, not noticing what is
happening outside my main subject, not watching for trees or telephone
poles growing out of people's heads, not taking into account the
viewfinders 92% field of view - the usual errors"

Dave, I find that I pay more attention to those things the more I shoot,
especially on a given day, so I tend to shoot more and I am gradually
getting over these problems. I attribute some of it to the excitement of
capturing the image before me. So - shoot more. ;)
Ken Waller