I've seen a few "new" 300mm cats, they might be better, but I doubt it. Hey for $5.50 you shouldn't complain, they sell for a $300-$400 new.

Don Sanderson wrote:

I picked up a Spiratone 300/5.6 mirror lens on eekBay for $5.50.
I'd never seen one and this one was sold as "parts", couldn't resist.
All it needed was a good cleaning.
Major PITA on a CAT, I discovered. :-(
Actually even clean it's still a terrible lens, but BOY oh BOY is it fun!
Tiny, and really LONG on the D.

Anybody know if any one makes a good 300/5.6 CAT?

Don

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke