Fra: Rob Studdert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 29. november 2004 23:44
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: Hand holding long lenses (Was PESO - Coming in for a landing)

On 29 Nov 2004 at 23:01, Boris Liberman wrote:

> 300x2x1.5 = 900 mm of focal length. So you can handhold this... Do
> tell me how. I cannot handhold F 70-210 at 210 mm and 1/250 sec - the
> shake is evident... I know, I know - I haven't been drinking coffee
> ever since that post. And I drink just few cups of tea every day.

Hi Boris,

I'm not speaking for Christian but I think that you will find that practice
helps a lot and from my experience after you have got good hand holding
techniques well practised focus will be your worst enemy.

I was shooting a lot over the weekend with my FA200/2.8 and 1.7TC on the
*ist D
always hand held and there were very few images which were ruined by camera
shake particularly those shot at 1/800th or faster.

The following shot was made using the lens combo above at a shutter speed of
1/800 @ f7.1 ISO200

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~distudio/temp/IMGP8884.jpg FF shot scaled to
25%
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~distudio/temp/IMGP8884crop.jpg 100% crop

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998