On Nov 30, 2004, at 1:17 AM, William Robb wrote:

Ummm, I think the point is that if you need to edit the jpeg, you should be saving it as something that isn't compressed, rather than recompressing it.

Correct. Each time you save a jpeg, you are re-compressing it, thereby losing more and more data--at least that's what they say, and what I have seen in my images. So, once I modify a file, it's a TIFF. The advantage of TIFF is that I can save layers, etc. Sometimes, with extremely complex images, I save them as psd files--er, photoshop files. I wish you could save the history of a file with it... sigh...
--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland