Hello Rob,

My local lab uses D-Lab 2 and D-Lab 3 printers.  I haven't noticed any
particular softness with printing to them.  When I print locally, the
software used to print does seem to make some difference - quite
commonly I print with QImage and it rezes up and sharpens the image
before sending to the driver.  It is common for my prints from the HP
7960 to look sharper than the D-Lab.

Now I am going to have to do a little experimenting.  I'll let you
know of my findings.  One thing I do recall is that the D-Lab prints
at 400 dpi rather than the common 300 dpi of the Frontiers.

--
Best regards,
Bruce