Thanks for the comments Shel.
I've worked to pick the 20 or so best pictures from the day.
The snow made it picturesque.
Perhaps I'll get them posted somewhere this week.

The start line photo has some tension to it.  It was on film so the
'decisive moment' didn't have to work thru digital shutter lag.

The guys with feet off the ground were friends sprinting at the
finish. It involved a bit of luck as it was the 2nd shot of
them...waiting for the digital to recycle.  A *ist DS would be better.

Regards,  Bob S,