Hello Paul,

Since so many are piping up for Epson, I guess I better add to the
naysayers.  I have had Canons, Epsons and HPs for photo quality
printing.  I owned three different Epsons.  What I will say positive
about them is that the expensive ones seem to do quite well.  My first
was fairly expensive.  It still may be running with the present owner.
My next two were the cheap ones - those are not worth buying.  Even
with consistent reasonable use, I had head clogs galore - on both of
them.  So I would say that if you are willing to pay at least $300 for
the printer, Epsons are very good, but their cheaper stuff is junk in
my book.

My Canon experience was pretty good overall and my HP experience has
been similar.  I currently have an HP 7960 and frankly can't tell the
difference in output quality between it and the various Epsons that I
have seen.  I do believe that the design of both Canon and HP allowing
easy user replacement of the heads is way better for the user.  The
Epson way is a good way to piss off customers and make some upfront
money on service and replacement of the printers.  Ultimately they
lost me as a customer.

--
Best regards,
Bruce