Hi Eric, it's certainly an omission. As with center-weighted, spot
   meter is independent of the lens type, as it doesn't have to know
   what the maximum aperture is.
   I can confirm that spot meter works on MZ-5N even with screw mount
   lenses. There's absolutely no reason for Pentax to drop this.

   Servus, Alin