>I checked out a used MX last night.
>The shutter mechanism behaved in a way I've not seen before.
>
>But use the self timer and ...
>a) the mirror would only shudder a bit (9/10 times) when it fires
>b) the next shot would (9/10 times) do the same.
>
>After that point it would work fine.  And under normal operation it worked
>fine.  Couldn't get it to misfire at all.
>
>Thoughts?

I am not very certain, but it could be the mirror assembly triggering arm of the
self-timer was out of alignment somehow. The same arm is responsible for the
"cheated" MLU with the MX. You may visit Rob's site to see what it looks like. I
don't have the MX anymore so I cannot how you.

=====
Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan