From: Andre Langevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Dec 7, 2004 2:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: another filter question: FA* 300mm F2.8

>Andre,
>
>>  If you need the UV only, I wouldn't mind breaking a set.
>
>Is it Pentax? If so, then I would be interested, but in an earlier email
>you mentioned that this was a "normal 43mm SMC (filter) kit"; that is, not
>designed as a drop-in filter, but rather a front element screw-on. The
>problem with this is that normal filters don't tend to fit into the
>drop-in housing. As Kenneth pointed out earlier today:
>
>"I just tried a "normal" Tiffen 43mm 1A and it is too thick!"
>
>... but let me know if I'm mistaken.
>
>  - Jerome

These 43mm Pentax SMC filters can be screwed but I think they also
can be just inserted in the lens compartment.  Tiffen filters are
kind of thick, the Pentax ones may have about 1 or 2 mm less.

Kenneth, are the B&W filters useless because they are too thick?  If
so, the Pentax is certainly thinner than a B&W but not by a large
margin.  My guess is that they fit, especially because this 43mm kit
was only made for 3 lenses, the FA 300/2.8, the FA 600 and the FA
250-??? zoom.  I could check tonight how thick they are.

Andre

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com